cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still haven't been given a date for switch from Virgin to O2

moulin
Joining in

Hello - with only days to go to the 8th November deadline,    all I've had so far is a general letter telling me that I'm being moved to an O2 plan.    I'm on the 20GB/£7.99 deal,   which I like,   particularly the unused data roll over.

I tried ringing 789 this morning but they didn't seem to know what was going on.    They simply suggested waiting until 5th November,   and then manually switching to one of O2's contracts.   As none of these are as good value as what I'm getting at the moment this advice doesn't fill me with joy.

I don't want to lose my deal and my contract,    but am wondering if I've been forgotten,  or whether Virgin are simply trying to quietly dump me.    Is anyone else in this position,  ie with still no date for their move?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @moulin

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could take a closer look at things. I'm glad that we've now been able to address your concerns and clarify things.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @moulin

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's some concerns regarding the migration. What does the letter that you received about this say exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

moulin
Joining in

Thanks Zach_R for taking an interest.

I quote:

Hi M*****

We've previously written to you to let you know we're moving all Virgin Mobile customers to O2.   This means we're moving you to an O2 plan.

We'll do this with the minimum of fuss,   but if we encounter any problems:

*   We may need to send you a new O2 sim in the post - you can check and update your address  (etc etc)

*  We may need to make changes to your payment date.  If this happens....   (etc etc)

*  A member of our team may be in touch to discuss options about your move to O2.

We'll continue to try and move you to an O2 plan until 08/11/2023 but if you haven't heard from us by 05/11/23 please call 789 and we'll help move you across.

Otherwise we won't be able to provide you with mobile services and we'll send you a notice to confirm that your contract and service will end on this date.   This will be followed by your final bill.

----------------------------------

What worries me from reading this forum is that everyone else seems to have been given a specific individual date for their move,   and I read elsewhere that the majority of people have already made the move.   So I can't help feeling I've been forgotten,   or I'm being left very late,   given that apart from the letter I quote I have had no specific information concerning a date for my move,   just a "we'll try and move you by.....".

Any advice gratefully received - thank you.

moulin
Joining in

Sorry - pushed the wrong button.   This is  NOT solved!

Hi @moulin

Thank you for expanding. I understand your concern. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at things.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thanks Zach-R.    Very much appreciated.    I'll check my PMs.....

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @moulin

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could take a closer look at things. I'm glad that we've now been able to address your concerns and clarify things.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Big thank you to you Zach_R for taking so much trouble on my behalf.    Service above and beyond,   and I salute you!

The saga continued......

Zach_R kindly attempted to initiate the transition but came back to me fairly quickly to say that although he had tried I would need to ring 789 again.    There was also a suggestion that my understanding of my original conversation with 789 had been almost entirely misunderstood by me,    their records suggested a very different scenario to the one I came away with.

I rang 789 and spoke to a helpful man.    I explained that I would like to move over as soon as possible as the date of closure was imminent,    and he told me that he - or rather O2 - would give me 30 GB (non-rolling-over) for £8.00 a month.   He gave me a PAC code as he said that would be needed to complete the transition.   I accepted this offer,    and it was all going well,   until the last minute when he dropped the bombshell that this new contract was for a year.    I told him this was a deal breaker,   to not go ahead with the transfer,   and asked for confirmation that I could use the PAC code to move to a completely different operator once I'd done some research.    ALL THIS WAS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY BOTH PARTIES.

Imagine my annoyance then to receive a text a couple of days later welcoming me to O2.   I managed to sign in,   and my dashboard said I was now on a monthly 100 GB contract for £24.99 a month,   ie different allowance,   different price.   I was also given another PAC code automatically by text,   with a note that I could still rescind.

I rang O2 to make absolutely certain I could still escape,  (I certainly didn't want to be imprisoned for a year paying £24.99),   and spoke to a man who asked me to just hang on while he checked my details.   He then told me that what the dashboard wasn't yet showing was that my price would remain at £7.99 via a £16 odd monthly discount,   that I would be given the generous 100 GB allowance,    and that it was monthly,   not a year's contract.    I bit his hand off.

But I would like to say that my two conversations with Virgin 789 seem to show - I can only use these words - incompetence and complete disarray on their part.    I did NOT misunderstood either conversation,   and the version retained by Virgin of the first one is erroneous.   although when Zach_R suggested it was me that was in error I accepted it out of politeness.    The second interraction was just wrong,   a complete you-know-what from start to finish.

Thank goodness Virgin are giving up mobile phones,   after my experience of when things don't go well I have every sympathy for anyone else in the same boat.

But - please may I thank Zach_R again -  he did his best under complicated circumstances,   made a thousand times worse by Virgin.

Hi @moulin 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Please accept my apologies for the issue with the tariff but glad to hear all sorted.

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill