Menu
FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still Waiting for my unlock code - is anybody at Virgin dealing with the forms?

Put my nice new SIM in my nice old Nokia 3310 only to get the message "SIM card not accepted". After posting this problem on the forum it seems my old phone is locked to EE and I need an unlock code. There is a special form to request this code and after submitting this on 21 July, a response is promised within 72 hours. Nothing received for a week so I submitted another on 28 July - still no response. With the deadline fast approaching when my old SIM will stop working, you'd think they would send these unlock codes pronto. I don't want to lose my credit and I don't want to buy a new phone just because Virgin have changed their service and won't or can't supply my unlock code. A response to the unlock code request would be a start!

What dreadful customer service.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Waiting for my unlock code - is anybody at Virgin dealing with the forms?

You can change network to any of those that use EE based SIM cards.

As to credit someone has suggested donating it to charities that take donations via Text.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Waiting for my unlock code - is anybody at Virgin dealing with the forms?

Thanks for that. I just want Virgin to take some responsibility for all this chaos.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fedup71, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the new SIM, this ins't good. 

We can certainly try and help you get the unlocking code and see what we can do about this, I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take it from there 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma and the tech team. My new SIM is now up and running.
0 Kudos