Menu
Highlighted
siouxchief
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spam SMS every day

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to stop Virgin texting me every day? Todays one is asking me if i need a hand how to figure out my bill!

I'm in my cooling off period and tempted to cancel the 2 phones i just put on.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
siouxchief
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam SMS every day

Another spam text today. Any help turning these off please? I don't see it in the preferences of my account and very annoying! This rubbish forum doesnt even attach a screenshot properly either, what a shambles virgin are.

Screenshot_20200206-113923_Messages.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Attachments have to go through a moderation process for obvious reasons.

The Community is mainly customer to customer.

I know you can request your marketing preferences, but these may fall outside of that.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi siouxchief,

Thank you for getting in touch on our forums, I do apologise for any frustration caused by these messages.

As enlli has advised, any images uploaded to the forums must be approved by a moderator before appearing in public view. This is for the security of our customers and any other users of this Community. As you can see, your screenshot has now been approved and is displayed in your comment.

Enlli's on the ball with info today, as marketing preference are precisely what you need to be looking at to stop any unwanted marketing. Please bear in mind that this would not prevent us from contacting you regarding your account or services. You can amend your preferences my logging into your MyVM account, then heading to My Profile > My Preferences.

Thanks,

Rachael

Highlighted
siouxchief
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay guys since I posted here they have stopped. Not sure if a coincidence but if any of you fixed it then thank you.

0 Kudos