Menu
hlevy99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Someone STOLE my email

i am getting emails to my gmail account saying that I setup service for a phone I do not own. I live in the Americas and have no access to call Virgin UK. Can someone please help!

And yes I have all the details (mobile, Sim, and persons address)

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone STOLE my email

staff should be able to help - if would guess its a misspelling of a name or similar thats sending legitimate mails to you rather that the account holder - if you were in the UK i would be saying to check your bank account but i cannot see how anyone would set something up to take money from a US bank account

Tony
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've asked the team to take a look

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @hlevy99,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry that your email address has been used on one of our accounts, Im hoping that this is just a mistake rather than anything more serious.

I will send over a private message, so that we can can confirm the details and get this resolved for you. Please look out for a purple envelope on the right hand side of your screen. 

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the details of the customer with us @hlevy99.

I have been able to find out what the issue was, you have the same start of your email addresses but the provider is different, I have now corrected this and you shouldn't receive any further information about our customers account @hlevy99

Please could you delete the mails that you have received, I also as our company procedure states reported our error to the data protection team for this to be investigated. 

Thanks again for reporting this to us. 

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos