cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

Yeechenting
Tuning in

I have been having bad signal from Virgin Mobile. can you please check if my number is on O2 network?

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin Mobile customers are on O2 for signal

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

in that case, can i opt for vodafone's network and be one of the last to be moved to O2?

Hi Yeechenting 👋 welcome back to community! Sorry to hear about these signal issues. 

All of our virgin mobile customers are using the O2 mobile network as their data and signal carrier. You can read more about this here 👉 Virgin Mobile’s Move to the O2 Network | Virgin Mobile (virginmedia.com)

Let us know if you have any further questions we can offer help and support with. All the best. 🌞

Molly

the problem is not resolved? you just provided information about the carrier network and did nothing to try and resolve my issue with poor and slow internet

Sorry to hear you are having mobile data issues! If you can please check for coverage and local network issues here 

O2 Network Coverage Checker | 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Coverage

If you are in a low 4g coverage area, you may experience slow speeds. If you are in a low 5g area it may be turning your 5G in your network settings. 

Let us know what you find and we will offer further support from there. Thank you!

All the best. 

Molly

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First port of call is here to see about coverage and faults

https://status.o2.co.uk/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Molly_T wrote:

If you are in a low 4g coverage area, you may experience slow speeds. If you are in a low 5g area it may be turning your 5G in your network settings. 

I am sorry to correct Molly here, but coverage & capacity are two different concepts in mobile networks.

You can easily have good speeds in poor coverage, as easily as you can have poor speeds caused by congestion in good coverage.