cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet data

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Hi. Over the last 6 weeks or so been experiencing slow internet speeds. Did get a new sim card but same issue. Is this an issue to do with virgin merging with o2 as i didnt have any issues when virgin were using vodaphone

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Common problem on O2. It is usually caused by congestion as the network is oversubscribed for the capacity on offer

Have a look here, 

https://status.o2.co.uk/

May be a fault

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kaleem71,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your Data speeds!

Have you taken a look at our Data Issues web page to see if this can help with your current issues. Many of our customer's have completed the Network transition from Vodafone to O2 and this could be an unrelated issue.

Please take a look at the page and let us know how you get on. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tried and tested all that. Only thing i can think of is it being a network issue. Im hearing 02 is absolute rubbish. At home data does work however away from home its abysmal. Only getting speed of 1mb! 

Hi @Kaleem71 thanks for your reply here.

Does this happen when you use the SIM in an alternative handset perhaps, in the area that this is worst affected?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Surely this is a network issue rather than a handset issue??

Hi @Kaleem71, thanks for your reply.

We do need to rule this out, is this something you can try please, and when you use another SIM in your phone from another network do you receive higher speeds?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Yes another network sim on my phone no issues. Be rest assured my partner has an the volt sim aswell and her speeds are touvhing only 5mb so it most defintly is the network issue

Hi @Kaleem71 thanks for your reply.

I'd like to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W