Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow 4g

Hi

I recently moved from Vodafone PAYG to a Virgin SIM plan.

But I have noticed that using the web on 4g is slow compared to Voda.

I have a dual sim phone and have both a vodafone sim as well as my virgin sim and doing speedtest on them both I get around 20mbps to 50mbps on vodafone but on virgin id be lucky to get 10.

Signal strength is about the same on both when outside so I cant see it being a signal issue.

Anyone else got slow data? Is this just what its like with a virtual mobile network like VM who is using EE? Do EE give faster speeds to their own customers first?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 4g

Good question. 

I've found speeds vary greatly with location. I have the same with Voda and O2 round my way - Voda 50 - 60 whilst O2 struggles to get past 10.

I'm one of those stuck in at the moment, but I'm sure O2 have given my about 20 in the past.

Unless you are in the fortunate position of trying elswhere it will be hard to check

The main difference between EE and Virgin is that the latter does not have access to 800Mhz LTE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 4g

So im guessing that since VM only has access to 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz for 4G I am getting a poor speed due to the distance and buildings since 800Mhz will travel further and is not stopped by buildings as easy

0 Kudos