cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4G

alukhd
Just joined

I signed up to a 12 month sim only plan as Vodafone has good fast 4G in my area. Now I believe I have been switched to O2 which is very congested and slow in my area, I am not happy. Am I able to cancel my contract penalty free as my network has been changed?

9 REPLIES 9

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alukhd,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with  mobile reception.

As we are migrating over to O2 now after our merger, It can have an impact on some area and coverage.
Id like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi, Gareth can you contact me also. I also have same problem in my area since I believe we have switched over to the O2 towers of recent time. I am on a staff account and I no longer get 5g anywhere in my surrounding area of where I live/drive...4g constantly drops out to H+ , it has been perfect for years all over my area and now is becoming unusable in say a 15 mile radius. If you could contact me that be great and I give you my area and details etc. Thanks.

HI techking, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear about the connection issues, can you confirm if this is happening in multiple areas and if you have recorded the dates and times when this happens?. ^Chris

Yes it's multiple areas surrounding Portsmouth area , especially along the motorways, M275 etc. 5g would work around most of Portsmouth for example prior to the move over to O2 towers. It's not so much not getting 5g it's the dropping to H+ and basically not getting any service at all. A colleague of mine here is on direct O2 network using an O2 sim, I am obviously with virgin mobile, yet he will get 5g and not have these issues. I have even moved sim into other phone and it is still the same. Date and times, well it's constant tbh from the Havant area up the motorway towards Portsmouth areas.

Hi techking, thanks for the reply and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection. Can you check the Ofcom coverage checker here ^Chris. 

Yeah it's all green the coverage is not the issue, kind of missing my point ? My VM colleague is on O2 and his is fine, it's being on Virgin Mobile since using the O2 towers it's gone to """" I not even bothered about 5g tbh, it's the fact it's dropping to H+ all around my area all the time yet my colleague's does not , something is not right in this regard! I can take it internal if it's easier. I have done all the various testing, I have even checked the fibre light back to the hubsite and it's all good so.....

Thanks for coming back to us techking,

Can we ask what handset your currently using? Have you tried your sim in another handset to see if the same issue is occurring?

We have also included a link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-data-not-working for further help and support. 

Kind regards Jodi.  

Hi, yes I have tried sim in another handset and it's the same

Thank you for that information. What I will need to do now is private message you to confirm your details and take a look into the account. 

^Martin