forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
DavidH5
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Simm Card Swop

Hi

I have a letter from Virgin Mobile with a new Simm Card and codes for activation. I understand that the codes are linked to the particular handset. On my Virgin Mobile online account it shows me as having a Samsung slider phone. I no-longer have this phone as it died years ago. I now use either a Nokia or a Sony Erickson. Both handsets are about ten years old but suite my needs. Both are locked to Virgin.

I have not tried the new Simm codes because I need to know whether they will work with either of the above handsets or do I need new codes linked to the IMEI of these phones? - If new codes are needed how do I go about getting them?

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Simm Card Swop

Hi DavidH5,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - You should either have the codes for these or I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos