Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sim1 not provisioned

just had a pop up message saying emergency calls only sim 1 not provisioned - tried rebooting phone but no joy. Any tips or hints to get up and running again please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim1 not provisioned

It would appear that the problem is definitely with Virgin Media as when I look at my Virgin Mobile Account that number has vanished from my account.

When I tried to add the number to the list of numbers that I manage (my daughter's number still appears on the list) I get a message telling me this number is not a Virgin Mobile number.

Any one able to assist please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Any one able to help please. I'm classified as a key worker albeit working from home and really need to be able to be contacted.

I would love to use your text service to report my fault however I can't as my phone number has disappeared 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

sorry to keep doing this but is there any one here who might be able to assist please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Update,

Eventually gave up waiting so contacted customer support by phone.

Apparently someone requested a PAC code for my number on-line and my number has been transferred to another network - not sure how or why this would have happened - How is most worrying as does this mean that anyone could request someone else's number if they feel like it?

how did they get through security I asked?

"It was on-line" was the reply

But you asked me a lot of security questions before you would even talk to me about my problem I said

"but it was on-line" was the reply

I now will have to wait up to 5 days (not sure if that's working days and there is the long weekend coming up) before it can be sorted as VM will need to contact the new network provider to request that the number be closed down, then it gets transferred back to VM and reallocated to me.

As a key worker with no access to my phone and more worrying someone else with access to my number I am not a very happy person at all at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dugale, 

Thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear this happened, it is definitely an unusual situation. 

From your post it appears the matter has been raised to our MNP (number porting) team. Unfortunately, this can take up to 5 days to complete but our team will be working hard to get your number back to you as soon as possible. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Natalie

Do you know if this is up to 5 calendar days or up to 5 working days please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

5 working days Dugdale.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom

Not what I wanted to hear as with the bank holiday that might give a worse case scenario of me having no mobile phone access until Friday 17th April - not good at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Apologies. Fingers crossed it won't take so long dugdale but please do keep us posted. 

Tom

0 Kudos