Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim unlock PIN not working?

Just received the Sim card from the Oomph deal, dropped it into an old Galaxy S6 and it asked for an unlock PIN, Googled around and found it should be 7890? Tried that twice and it's rejecting it.

Is there a new code or something?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim unlock PIN not working?

Good Evening ncrossy1980,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum!

Sorry to see that has not been picked up sooner. Can you tell me where the handset has been purchased from? I'm curious to know if this is unlock code that's required for the handset or if this is for the SIM card itself.

If you do still need further assistance. do please come back to us and either I or one of my colleagues, will be able pick this up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's an old Galaxy S6 Edge+ that I used to have on an EE contract a few years ago.  Now it's asking for the next PUK PAK PIK whatever code after it got annoyed over the wrong PIN being entered too many times.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like your S6 is network locked to EE. The new Virgin SIM cards will not work in a such a locked phone.

The phone will need unlocking via EE, but it now seems the new SIM also is locked up.

Don't enter any more codes till you get the phone unlocking code from EE. Also a local repair shop may be able to unlock it if you choose to go down that route.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos