Menu
Highlighted
VMobileIsGarbag
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim only Upgrade

Was told when I took out sim only contract is could upgrade to a full contract with phone at 3 months I am now on month six and it says I can upgrade if I pay £71 which is fine, I go to do this and it says sorry we can't process the order. Spoke to the morons via live chat and all they say is my credit won't let me upgrade even though I am also a broadband home phone customer and have never been in arrears

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only Upgrade

Sad to say your story is typical. The 3 month thing just gives some in the call centre a bonus.

You can have an excellent credit rating and still fail Virgin's Underwriters.

Seen it often on here.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear you feel this way. 

An upgrade would depend on you passing our credit check which checks your other accounts with us and also any noted outside of our company, this would then assign you to a credit level which tells us what offers are available to you. 

You can speak more about this with our telephone team on 789/0345 600 0789 who can ensure our information for you when running the credit check is correct before checking this again.

Thank you, Emily.

VMobileIsGarbag
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

But obviously I have a limit because I was accepted to a sim only and the upgrade I want is less than my pay monthly it makes no sense

0 Kudos