Menu
ricardoo7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim not working

My sim stopped working 1 week ago so I've had no service at all. A new sim arrived which also doesn't work. I've tested the new sim in numerous phones and it doesn't work. I've put a different sim into my mobile which works fine. I've reset my phone (pointlessly it now seems) and still nothing. Customer services are next to hopeless and have no idea how to resolve this. I've tried everything, whenever I try to select network it can't connect to anything. My only option now seems to be to cancel the service and move to another operator but I won't have any idea who's has been trying to contact me this past week or my messages or voicemails, very disappointed I've been on virgin for 2 years 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not working

With regards to voicemail you should be able to pick them up from another phone providing you have set a pin.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ricardoo7, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've got an issue with your new SIM, this ins't what we like to hear. 

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

I'm going to pop you a personal message so we can have a closer look. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ricardoo7
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. So after at least 5 calls to customer service over a week one of them said uh has your new sim been registered? I reply I have no idea, nothing in the paperwork that came with the sim indicated this was required and the 4 service reps I've spoke to this week never mentioned it. So the guy registers the sim and hey presto all working, unbelievable I've reset my phone and was about to ditch it at one point, thanks virgin for over a weeks lost service 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise for the experience. 

The SIM card should have come with a pack on how to activate it, but our agents also should have picked it up so it will be fed-back. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention and I'm glad it's sorted now. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos