cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working on Roaming in Guernsey

Charlotte_1
Tuning in

Hi Virgin Tech Support

My son arrived in Guernsey from the UK last night and his sim which he has used for years regularly on previous visits will no longer connect to any network. The contract is in my name but allocated to my son as I have 2 contracts one for each of us.  Previously he would always have to go into the Virgin Sim card tool kit to change the settings to international but on this occasion the kit does not let you press "Roaming" so does not offer the next step  "Select Mode" feature to allow you to choose "International". Roaming is switched on in the online account and international call bar is switched off. I wonder if this is problem is connected to Virgin now joining forces with 02 although I was told that the roaming update on his contract would happen automatically if his Sim was in the UK when the update happened which it was and he would not need a new sim. 

I received a text on my contract saying that my roaming would stop working after the 30th June and I needed to order a new Sim as I was roaming at the time of the update so it did not go through ,I am still successfully roaming on my old sim in Guernsey and have ordered a new one which I will activate on my return to the UK but I am now concerned my new sim won't work when I come back to Guernsey as my son's worked before the update and now doesn't. At present my Sim tool kit is working but my son's is not?

He did not receive any texts from Virgin notifying him of any update or his roaming ending on 30th June and even if that was the case he should still be able to use it up until then as I am doing. I can only think it must be connected to the recent update . Could someone from Virgin Tech Support please look into this for me asap.

Regards

Joanne

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Charlotte_1

Sorry to hear this 

I can have a look at both numbers for you if that helps 

I will need to ask some security questions first by private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L