Menu
keithpen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim not valid

OK I know this is probably a hot topic at present - but I have a Nokia 1200, the new sim arrived today with a letter that has a code to unlock the phone. It also has an unlock code on the sim card. Both codes are different. Now I put the new sim in, and it says sim not valid. I took it out tried again - the same. So i entered the code on the letter and pressed the handset button. Nothing happened. So I tried the code on the sim card - again nothing.

Any ideas at all?

0 Kudos
Messybeast
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not valid

I have just been though this with a lot of PMs. My Nokia was locked to virgin network and new SIM won't work with it. Seems the older Nokias can't be unlocked and I need a new handset in order to use new SIM. The same happened when I tried to unlock my previous Nokia - it couldn't be done.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keithpen, 

thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry that you are having issues with your sim. Have you tried the sim in a different phone?

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
keithpen
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The phone is too old. So will not work with your new SIMs. I have to use all the credit up and close the account. Would have been nice to have had some warning first.
0 Kudos