cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim issue?

Philstringy
Dialled in

Hi,   my wife changed from an O2 Sim to a virgin Sim recently..

O2 Sim lets say its phone number is 07777 777777

New Virgin Sim say 07333 333333

We told Virgin we wanted to keep the O2 number and got the PAC from O2.  Virgin sent the new Sim, we put it in her phone and as expected the following day she got her O2 number ported to the Virgin Sim...or so we thought

Now this is very strange, if she calls me the O2 number comes up (as expected)

If she texts me it comes up with the Virgin Sim number.   Any clue as to the issue please?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Philstringy thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns.

Sometimes during the transition period of the port, this can occur during the changeover process - can you confirm if this is still happening please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Philstringy thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns.

Sometimes during the transition period of the port, this can occur during the changeover process - can you confirm if this is still happening please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, thanks for getting back..

Yes it's still happening.  I don't know how long the transition lasts but the port was carried out on the 26th April.  I'm concerned that I'm going to be billed by both O2 and Virgin.  Obviously this is not working correctly so is there a fix?  I've tried calling the number and it won't connect (which is what I would have suspected)  My wife just sent me a text and it came up with the virgin sim number, not the number that we wanted to port from O2.  She called me and it's showing the correct number ported from O2 so it's just the texts.   Thank you.  All help appreciated.

Philstringy
Dialled in

This has been marked as solved, I don't know why as it's very much not solved

Hi @Philstringy thanks for your reply.

We'd advise checking in your phone's settings, if there's still no resolution with this we'd advise checking this helpful link here and let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom but check what / where in the settings?

I did the same with my phone recently (a week before my wife) going from O2 to Virgin and had no issues!

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

If it's an iPhone make sure the iMessage number is set to the o2 number.

Just a thought,

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, TNT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP.

Hi @Philstringy thanks for your reply.

You would need to check in you phone settings to identify what number is displayed on your SIM Card, please keep us updated.
Many thanks

Tom_W

It's a samsung Bill, Thanks anyway

I just checked on my phone (my wife is out) and in sim manager it only says Virgin - Unknown number.  When my wife gets home I'll check hers.  I'm no expert but I'd say this is a sim issue (not ported correctly) rather than the phone settings.  I'll keep you posted.