Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim is part of my Virginmedia (BB/TV/Landline) contract but want to upgrade phone and keep number.

As per title, is it possible to take a phone contract taking advantage of an iPhone 12 deal and keep my number and use my current sim with its data allowance in that new phone? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim is part of my Virginmedia (BB/TV/Landline) contract but want to upgrade phone and keep nu...

Hi Michael99

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

This isn't possible as the SIM deal you're on is valid for the Media deal. You'd need to take out a new number with the iPhone deal and then use your existing SIM in that iPhone. However, please be aware you'd be charged for a separate SIM for the monthly deal.

Kind r

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim is part of my Virginmedia (BB/TV/Landline) contract but want to upgrade phone and keep nu...

Yeah that’s what I figured, I’m giving my old iPhone to my mother and using the new sim in that since her data use is minimal. Just to check, Virgin Mobile phones are unlocked from the freestyle contract start, correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Michael99,

Yes our phones are all unlocked.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos