cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim has stopped working Abroad

Jimbo88
Joining in

Hi

I've been overseas for about 6 months and about 3 months ago, out of the blue, the SIM stopped working.  Had been working perfectly fine.  I need the SIM working for online banking, apps etc

I have tried adjusting the iphone settings for the SIM as suggested previously with Peru query but without any success.  There is still "no service".

Any help re. allowing the SIM to start working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What sort of SIM? PAYG or Pay Monthly?

In either case PAYG has ended and pay monthly SIM cards were moved from using EE to Vodafone which in some cases made a new SIM necessary.

Most likely Virgin will have to send a replacement to a UK address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What sort of SIM? PAYG or Pay Monthly?

In either case PAYG has ended and pay monthly SIM cards were moved from using EE to Vodafone which in some cases made a new SIM necessary.

Most likely Virgin will have to send a replacement to a UK address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Unfortunately, any replacement at my home address in the UK has either not been sent or cannot be found.

Presumably I need a replacement SIM?  What would be the best way going about this?

I can only see about ordering a new SIM as if I am a new customer.

Thanks,

James

Hi @Jimbo88 thanks a lot for your post here in the Community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding voicemail.

Can you please clarify what type of SIM you have in you handset - is this a pay monthly SIM or one of our Pay As You Go ones?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

My SIM is a monthly one.

Thanks

James

Thanks for confirming James 🙂

So I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm