Menu
Highlighted
S-P-C
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim card replacement not working

I have been sent a new sim from virgin and told i have to replace my old sim the new sim just brings up the message sim not valid on my nokia 100

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card replacement not working

I've replied in your first post

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, possibly going to have the same problem, as wife has one of these, as it's simple and easy for her to use..

We have also been told a new purple sim is on it's way.. If it won't work...(the current red one from VM does) then there's no way I'm staying with VM, as phone works great, no need to replace just because VM can't get their sim to work with older phones. 

Also just posted regarding the same problem with an older Blackberry (also worked OK on red sim) having problems on the new purple one..

VM might just find themselves losing a few customers if this is the 'way forward'  (or, just an excuse to make us purchase 'new' phones!!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Most of the phones giving problems seem to be of the older type and on PAYG

Virgin no longer do new PAYG SIM cards and the prices of existing plans have seen a massive increase.

Read into that what you like, but I would say PAYG was no longer a priority for them.

O2 have made similar moves and I suspect others will follow in due course .

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos