Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim card never activates on network 1 year +

I have been on a 12 month contract with Virgin and have never ever been able to use the SIM in ANY devices dispute 4+ replacement sim cards and waiting over 48 hrs with it in phone turning it on and off 

I have now had to sign up to another 18 months with virgin and they have sent me a new sim card but dispite putting it in and waiting the 24 hrs and off and on again the phone says its picked up the carrier as virgin mobile, but "Sim not provisioned" is the error it gives on apple iPhone iOS 13.5.

Put in android sees the SIM as virgin but same error 'Sim not provisioned on network'

Why am i still paying the premium for this? Never ever, any help, ever, anyone else had this issue and how you resolve?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card never activates on network 1 year +

Why have you had to sign up for another 18 months if you haven't been able to use your phone on the previous 12 month contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cause you are forced to sign up for the 500mb internet... id like to have made use of the sim but each time ive complained no help..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh94,

Thank you for your post. 

I am really unsure as to how this has happened, especially after all this time. I take it this SIM is apart of the Oomph package? I will send you a private message to look into this because from what you have posted it doesn't add up. I will be able to take a closer look then 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos