Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim Swap

Got a text saying I need to swap my sim in the next 10 days or my data and calls would stop working. It said I should already have a new sim and that it had been sent. I had not received one so I tried going to the website to order a new sim. Clicked a link saying "Ask for a sim swap date", clicked it, got a message saying "Your swap date is confirmed! 29/06/20, make sure your new sim is ready" or something along those lines. I tried calling and opening a live chat, but I work night shifts so I'm rarely awake to be able to call during the right time, and I was waiting in  live chat for 45 minutes and nobody connected.

Can no longer call 789 because my data has been turned off. Can't receive or send texts or calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Swap

Whoops.

Sadly you requested a swap to a none existant SIM it seems.

Have Virgin got your right post address?

I'll escalate this to the team

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my address hasn't changed. I kept getting texts saying I should have my new sim and should swap it when ready, but I never had one. No where did it say, "if you don't have one, order one here" or anything. That is why I accidentally initiated the sim swap, I was looking for information about how I could arrange for a new sim to be sent out.

I still haven't been able to contact anyone about reactivating my data until I can arrange for a new sim. I work nights and so can't call, they've also turned my data off so I can't call using my phone and will have to use someone else's. And everytime I try to use their online chat, I am left hanging for hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning jack-hughes,

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with the arrival of a new SIM card.

I'll drop you a private message and we'll aim to get a new one out to you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos