Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim Swap not registered no incoming calls

Hi, I swapped my sim a couple of days ago but it is now apparent that I'm not receiving incoming calls. I didn't receive a text message after changing the sim. I tried to use the trouble shooter on the website but a Nokia 7.1 isn't in the list and it didn't recognise my imei number either. Outgoing calls work.

What can I do to get it working again?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Swap not registered no incoming calls

What are the instructions you have the letter that came with the SIM? There are two types of changes for the SIM update.

One where you can just swap the SIM straight away, and one where you have to text from your old SIM to confirm the date when you change to the new one to ensure your number is assigned to the SIM correctly.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. I no longer have the letter as I presumed the switch had completed. However, I think it was a straight swap. I do still have the old SIM. The key thing I remember from the letter was to copy the contact details to the phone, which I did. I'm sure if I read that part I must have read the letter. Also outgoing calls display as my number on the recipient phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So the easiest way to tell is to put your old SIM back in. If that's still working, then it's the version where you need to do the text message.

As per here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/swap-your-sim you can then do that by texting ‘SWITCH’ to 789255 from your old SIM.

If your old SIM isn't working then as far as Virgin Media's systems are concerned, your new SIM is the right one, and it needs to raised to support teams to work out why incoming calls and messages aren't working

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I will try swapping the sims back and see what happens. I am sure I read the letter though!

0 Kudos