Menu
vinsi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim Card

I received a text message saying my sim could not be updated, therefore I will need a new sim. Why, when I had a new updated sim last August

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Card

Hi vinsi,

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum.

There are a number of reasons that you may need a SIM replacement. Would you be able to send a screenshot of the message that you received? In terms of ordering your new SIM, have you been able to request the SIM, or would you like me to do that for you through the Forum?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
vinsi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lauri Thanks for your reply. This is rather a long story. Last year I changed my sim as was told Virgin was upgrading. The problem I have found a that I spend 3 months in Spain so am not able to receive the sim. Last year my daughter picked it up and activated it and then got someone to bring it to Spain for me. I am back in Spain, so will have the same problem. Yesterday I phoned Virgin (twice). Firstly I was told it was to do with upgrading to 5G. Secondly was told that it was because I don’t make any calls and that I should make at least one a year. I admit I don’t make many, but at least 10 a year. I only use my phone for emergencies. I cannot be without my phone, but once again this is causing me problems. I have the old fashioned phone, just a phone to call and text. 
Hope this information helps

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vinsi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that I can confirm some more details, and hopefully get this problem resolved for you. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos