Menu
vinsi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim Card not in UK

I have just spent another 45 mins in n the phone to Virginity n to get absolutely nowhere. I am currently in Spain for two months. My new SIM card has been sent to my U.K. address. I can not activate it. I do not want to be cut off, as this is my only contact in case of emergencies. Can someone help please

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Card not in UK

You will have to arrange for someone to activated the SIM (or a replacement sent to their address) and post it to you.

SIM cards cannot be sent abroad and they have to be activated in the UK anyway. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vinsi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your answer, but I cannot cut short my trip, so will be out of the country without access to a phone. This really is not good enough as my phone is the only way people can contact me. I have been a virgin customer for many years, but after this, will be looking for a new provider

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry that you're looking to leave us; we can only apologise that you're out of the country when your new SIM was delivered. 

It can only be activated in the UK as you need to be connected to our network. As our user @enlli has advised, you can arrange for a friend or relative to activate the SIM for you and then post to you whilst you are away.

We'd hate to see you leave us and do hope that you'll stay. Enjoy your trip - stay safe. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos