cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Kingsley1
Tuning in

My signal has gone in BS149TE this area is a city and it has gone from 20mb to half a megibite . Come on Virgin help me this is two weeks and all I have been told is to move to someone better like 02 mobile . 

Screenshot_20211027-213038.png

Screenshot_20211031-184156.png

Screenshot_20211028-012209.png

I need technical email to get help please .  

11 REPLIES 11

Can any one give me the email so I can send technical team the photos of my bad signal from 20mb to half a megibite . 

Some people say it is what virgin does to make people go out and buy broadband that cost £450 pounds . I need someone in technical to look why the signal has gone ! . 

Kingsley1
Tuning in

Why has my signal gone from 20mb down to half a megibite and after two weeks I am getting nowhere with the help virgin team . 

Screenshot_20211030-112915.png

Kingsley1
Tuning in

My signal has gone in BS149TE this area is a city and it has gone from 20mb to half a megibite . Come on Virgin help me this is two weeks and all I have been told is to move to someone better like 02 mobile . 

Screenshot_20211027-213038.png

Screenshot_20211028-012209.png

I need technical email to get help please .  

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure whether your phone is using EE or Vodafone for signal but EE's signal checker says there was a fault in the area.

When it comes to signal Virgin being an MNVO can do little to help as that is the responsibility of the host network 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kingsley1
Tuning in

I had 20 mb of signal coming to my home but on the 9th of August the engineers did some work to the mobile phone signal mask the work stayed to the 15th but since then I have had virtually zero signal. Just half a MB of signal on most times the day. I live in Bristol BS14 9TE . There are are several masks around my area owned by Vodafone. The signal mask where virgin gets its signal now comes around 7 miles away which means I and lots of others have a poor signal. Why has the signal gone down so poorly I ask people. Most people come back saying that virgin is trying to promote their broadband. This would mean that people would pay £500 more . Is it just a virgin scam or is there some truth to this. All I get when I speak to technical team is to move away to a better company which I thinks unfair when I've already set in a contract. What do you think . Is not fare is it . 

Screenshot_20211028-012125.png

Kingsley1
Tuning in

The signal mask was so call worked on and now I have no signal with Virgin the technical team seem not to care just saying best to move or buy broadband at the cost of 500 pounds . What is this world all about . Just look at my signal now from 20mb to half a megibite . 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kingsley, 

Please do not multi-post as this makes it harder to help. I can see we have replied to your previous post.

Please reply to us there so we can best assist.

Zoie

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The last figures you posted were for 3G you are not going to get 20Mb on that. Perhaps your 4G signal has disappeared?

Virgin do not slow you down to sell broadband as I say they have no control over such things. That's how Virtual Networks run.

If you are not happy I think the advice on changing networks is a good one, but make sure it's with one of the big 4 or you will end up on another MNVO.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kingsley1,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you experiencing some Mobile issues, or issues with your broadband speeds? If so, what problems are you having?

Please let us know so we can assist correctly and have this issue resolved for you.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs