Menu
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Signal

I changed my contract to 25gb think it said 5G which I don’t get on my phone but my 4G and 3G are worse now since I changed, struggle to get 3G outside even tho site says excellent coverage 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal

Then the likelihood is you have been moved off EE and onto Vodafone. Its worth checking on Vodafone Direct and also checking there for faults at the same time.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How would I get moved off the Vodafone network and into the EE one they use? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have to persuade them to do it, one or two have. But whatever they say it won't be a permanent move as Virgin's contract with EE is winding down and all customers will be transitioned. 

If this is a new contract the best option would be to leave under the 14 day grace period

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No sadly out with the 14 days now

Just have to continue with a [REMOVED]  signal then 

thanks

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craigbinning86

Sorry to hear of the mobile signal issues for 5g in your local area, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to this and welcome to the community.

As you have advised you've recently changed your tariff to include 5G it is likely you have been migrated over from EE coverage to Vodafone, having checked your local area on the Vodafone network 5G isn't currently available and the indicators show  only good coverage on 4g, 3g and 2g outdoors.

I've messaged the team to see what the options are going forward and will let you know when i get an update.

Rob

0 Kudos
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That would be great thank you 

0 Kudos
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there was wondering if have heard anything back? 
signal is still the same rubbish 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's worth bearing in mind, as far as long-term solutions go, that VM are not a a network operator in the mobile field and can only provide the coverage that their host network operator has.

If you're having issues with VF coverage in your area, and you know that another operator works for you, then VM are inherently limited in what technical solutions can be offered here. Their contract with EE is winding down, a migration to VF is underway, and who knows what the future brings with relation to the proposed O2 merger.

0 Kudos
Craigbinning86
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well surely I have some sort of right to change network without being charged as my signal is absolutely garbage & when I joined 2 years ago the signal was amazing it’s only since moving/ upgrading to 5G plan for more data the signal has been [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos