Menu
Yvos
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Signal

So after the announcement of the partnership with O2 my phone now has no signal in the downstairs of my home where it was had full signal. Literally the day / day after. This is also after changing to the new sim that was sent out because changes to the network were going to take place and I apparently needed a new sim to enjoy a better service. This was however at least a month ago and there were no problems.

I also seem to have been billed for picture messages but the texts from the date and time on the bills were just plain text. 

And why has is it been made so difficult to get some help, customer service was always great from virgin up until it was decided to try and encourage people to use texts and messages to get through to someone and this isn't just during the pandemic it was before. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal

Your signal will have nothing to do with the O2 merger. That has not happened and, given regulatory clearance, not for another 6 months. Virgin are contracted to EE until late 2021

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Yvos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal

Thanks for the response I didn't really think it was the O2 merger, it's very coincidental timing that all lol. but in all seriousness the after the supposed upgrade to the network requiring a new sim it has made the signal awful.

With regards to the customer service options it's not just virgin that have gone down the route of no email option, there are others including Amazon and I find it aggravating especially as those emails can be used in complaints. If a company doesn't have them it reduces costs due to the requirement of storing them for up to seven or more years but with the added benefit of them being able to use plausible deniability when it comes to major complaints as there is no record of the interaction.

They may keep their chat messages for the required length of time but how many customers keep chats like they keep emails?

0 Kudos