cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal problem

bluebell3
Joining in

For several weeks struggling with signal, says the device cannot connect to mobile networks, or emergency calls only!

To send texts or access data i end up standing in the garden.

when texts go people can get several of the same text and i can receive multiple same texts from them!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bluebell3

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the signal issue. Is this happening just in the home or elsewhere?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bluebell3

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the signal issue. Is this happening just in the home or elsewhere?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thank you for replying,

Happening in the home only 

Best Wishes

Thanks for coming back to us @bluebell3, can you confirm how long this issue has been effecting your service?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry for delay, this has been happening now for several weeks and is still happening, not the weather to have to go into the garden to be able to send a text it also happens to my husbands phone who is also with virgin!!!! 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @bluebell3 

I have managed to use your forum details to locate your mobile account with us.

I have taken a look over the masts in the local area, the one closest to your address has limited services & a resolution for this is currently being planned. there are a further 2 in the locale area that are degraded and a further 1 that has had an outage in the last 3 days.

These are all maintained by EE/Vodaphone. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thank you Zak, I appreciate the info.

It's very annoying that we are both paying Virgin for a service that they are not supplying, sadly we are in a contract but will defo change to someone more reliable in the future, really disappointed with Virgin it is important for me to be able to have a reliable contact with elderly parents.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Has nobody worked out on which of the two carriers (EE or Vodafone) you are on?

It is unlikely that both EE and Vodafone have problems at the same time as they do not mast share. 

What networks are listed if you do a manual network search?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks