Menu
telfordmoore
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Siemens AX72 mobile

I put the new Virgin sim card into my mobile phone, but all that I can get is - Phone disabled. NETWOK LOCK-, i managed to get to a helper on the err helpline after a 40 minute wait - girl advised that she had put my phone back on line, but it would not work for 24 hours. It is still not working 4 days later. The err helpline is now not available to landline callers - only via Virgin phones which, in my case is not working. Ie Virgin have left folk with mobile phone problems absolutely no means of getting help.

Does anyone out there know if my problem is basically cos my mobile phone is very old? It is a Siemens AX72

What a mess Virgin have made of this,

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Siemens AX72 mobile

Hello

The message you are getting is that the mobile phone is locked to the EE network which the old SIMs were just rebranded EE where as the new SIMs are VMs own ones.

Where was the phone purchased from ?

If it was purchased from VM then you can request a network unlock code from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/unlock-code-request1 otherwise you will need too contact the previous provider who supplied the phone for an unlock code.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

telfordmoore
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - it still annoys me that VirginMedia have provided no way for folk like me to get help. I boght the AX 72 via ebay!

0 Kudos
telfordmoore
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have no possibility of taking this up, properly, with Virgin Media as they will not accept phone calls from landlines (from a Virgin mobile member with a non-functioning mobile phone). I am looking forward to seeing what they say to my written complaint.
Hence, I bought a modern mobile phone - the new sim card worked immediately.

Boom Boom!

0 Kudos