Menu
johncc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Services barred because of outstanding balance

My Virgin Mobile account tells me that services have been barred as I have an outstanding balance.

I have not incurred any spending beyond the regular monthly charge that would lead to such an outstanding balance.

Two days ago, I had an exchange of texts with a Virgin Media agent.   He attributed the problem to that fact that I had a zero credit limit.   He said he would increase my credit limit to £50.   This would solve the problem in 24 hours.   Two days later, the problem has not been resolved.

I have just spent over an hour trying to contact an agent, without success.   Can anyone suggest a way to resolve this?   I am on the point of transferring to a different phone company, as I see no other way out.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services barred because of outstanding balance

Check your credit history - could be a problem caused by identity theft (somebody fraudulently taking out a contract in your name), or may show details of whatever VM's systems are identifying as an outstanding balance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services barred because of outstanding balance

Hi johncc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Mobile number. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to look into this further. 

What I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin

0 Kudos