Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service in France

Hi,

I have no service on holiday in France, I turned the account and device roaming options on on Monday. When I try to connect manually as suggested all the French networks have crossed out circles next to them? I can't take my battery out, but took my sim out and rebooted and still no joy. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service in France

Hi yewbat

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having problems using the roaming service whilst away in France.

Did you receive any text messages when you landed in France? Also are you showing no service at the top of the handset?

Do you have access to your online account? If you do, you can access your settings from there to enable and disable the roaming settings. 

When was the roaming activated please, was this whilst in the UK and ideally at least 24 hours before leaving to allow the network to update?

Have you also tried switching between 4G and 3G/2G ?

Thanks,

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear Nat,

Thanks for your response, I turned the data roaming on my account in France on Monday after realising that might be the problem, but the mobile option was already enabled. It does say no service at the top of the handset and then 'selected network unavailable' . Switching between 4g and 3g doesn't work. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm you did not activate roaming before leaving the UK? 
Unfortunately this may be the issue as activating this when abroad does not always work and we always recommend activating

when on the home network.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos