Menu
BrianReynolds
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sent New Phone

Why have you sent me a new Oneida phone Consignment Ref. 3322477753, which I haven't ordered?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent New Phone

are you a VM mobile customer - have they sent you a new purple sim - if yes to those what phone do you have now - many old phones will not work with the new sims they are sending out so they send a free [cheap] phone to sort the problem

so maybe they know all of that and have just sent the replacement

Tony
0 Kudos
BrianReynolds
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a VM customer. No they haven't sent me a purple SIM (as of yet). I did get a new red SIM in July which didn't work on my existing phone and after a week I managed to talk to someone at Virgin and they sent me Nokia 105 to resolve the problem.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @BrianReynolds 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Please can you confirm for me, what is the couleur of your current sim?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BrianReynolds
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Purple on one side and red on the other.

Virgin sent me a Nokia 105 back in July when I received this new SIM, which didn't work on my original phone then. It does work on my 105 phone.

But I want to know why I have been sent a Oneida as I had not asked for it. I have noticed that I need to cut my SIM down to a Micro size for it to be used in this phone and I am reluctant to do this as I have no idea how much this phone is going to cost me to use. Therefore if it is going to be more costly to use a smartphone than a basic phone then I will keep using my Nokia 105. However, if I cut the SIM down I won't be able to replace it.

I can't find anywhere on the Virgin website details of the costing and when I ring 789 to talk to someone I am referred back to the website.

Please supply an explanation of why I have been sent this smartphone and what plans are available, at present I am on the Basic plan?

Regards Brian

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can take a further look into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos