Menu
Thething444
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Security Key

I have received a letter today to say that I have a handset loan with a remaining balance of £234 to pay. I am confused as I pay 2 direct debits of £19.50 & £11.00, I took this contract out on the 23rd June 2020. The £19.50 I believe is a direct debit of £468 and should pay 23 equal instalments of £19.50.

Many Thanks

Tracey

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Security Key

you pay for the traff which you on and the headset is loan thing untill you pay it off and i beleive its a 2 year to pay it off if you leave before that you have to pay the remaining balance of the phone nomaly its a 24 mouth contracts on any pay mouthy sim or phone.

i don't know if the £11.00 thing is your contract for the calls texts and data and the £19.50 is the moblie that only runs untill you pay your moblie off and then it goes down if its anytime upgrade plan.

if the moblie is around £468 it will take you 12 more mouths to pay it off or you can ring up and make a payment to pay it off sooner you have a right to pay off it before you upgrade or make it cheaper on your mouthly fee.

thats why you paying 2 direct debits one for your calls text's and data and other is your moblie to put it simple

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Oomph bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Security Key

Hello Thething444

Thanks for posting in regards to the recent correspondence received and the confusion caused, We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As DavidjWalker has advised, if you have taken a handset and a tariff you will be charged for both of these individually via Direct Debit. The correspondence received will be the annual statement for the credit agreement for the handset.

Rob