Menu
DiGr
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Second replacement SIM

Three weeks ago I was sent a replacement upgraded SIM and was informed that it would be quick and easy to replace it.  Despite numerous 'chats' and a formal complaint I have yet to receive the required Restriction Code for my Nokia 6300.  I have been unable to use my phone since that time and have to share my husbands (which does work with the new SIM).  I have spent hours on this issue and had decided to cut my losses and abandon my Nokia phone, resulting in having to purchase a new phone.  Now ....... I have received a text message from Virgin Media telling me that they are re-sending a new SIM!!!  I cannot go through this all again. Why do I need another new SIM??

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second replacement SIM

Hi there @DiGr

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post - I am sorry that you had some issues with your new SIM and older handset. 

We can certainly check for an unlock code for your handset via your IMEI number; however, if this does not work, then this would mean that your handset is no longer compatible.

I understand from your post that you now have a new handset; did your new purple SIM work in this new handset? If so, then the new purple SIM can be disregarded (if it is not activated within 30 days it will be disconnected) 

If the new purple SIM did not work in your new handset then this was most likely not activated in time and as such our system has sent you a new one. 

Please feel free to pop back and keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DiGr
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, Thanks for your response.  I would appreciate if you could check on that unlock code for me. IMEI number is [removed]. Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @DiGr

We would usually request the IMEI number via Private Message if we require it; I am sorry about any misunderstanding caused in my reply. We have removed your information from the thread - we do not advise that you post personal or private information on a public post. 

However, I have checked the number you supplied and we do not have an unlock code for that device. 

Can you advise if the new purple SIM worked in the new handset that you purchased? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DiGr
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it does work in the new phone.  However I did have to pay 20 pounds for the privilege.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad that the SIM is working in your new device - I am sorry that you felt you needed to go out and purchase a new handset. 

As the SIM is working, you can just discard the replacement when it arrives. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
DiGr
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

With respect, it was not that I felt the need to buy a replacement phone, but a necessity as the phone didn't work with your new SIM. Kind regards

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We do have a policy in place where we would supply you with a free of charge replacement handset if your old handset was not compatible with your new SIM; I am sorry if this was not explained to you. 

Glad that you now have a working SIM and handset. Have a good week and stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
DiGr
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dear Katie

It was not explained to me that you would supply me with a replacement handset.  If it had been explained to me I would have applied for it and not bought myself another handset.  In the circumstances, I am going to return my new handset for a refund and would appreciate your replacement handset in it's place.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can make that arrangement DiGr,

To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos