Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scraping Roaming Charges on Virgin Mobile

i Think Roaming Charges Should be Scrapped every Time when people go Abroad. Or put their prices down a little bit. Like to the United States, Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, indonesia, Thailand, Tunisia, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Brazil and Argentina.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scraping Roaming Charges on Virgin Mobile

Hawaii is part of the US.  It wont happen, all providers are the same and not just on mobile services  

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If companies did away with the roaming charges they wouldn't be in business for very long, all they are doing is passing on the costs of the connection fees from abroad back to the UK. If you want free calls when on holiday then use other services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype etc on a wireless connection.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pcg33kuk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My advice don't use Virgin Mobile for roaming anywhere....

Taking the US :

£2 a minute , and £5 per MB is a disgrace when compared to o2, EE etc (all below are pay monthly)

o2 - £4.99 per day for Data, 120 minutes and a 120 sms
Voda - £6 per day use your phone as you do in the UK
EE - £1.25 per minute calls , or £10.44 per month for 50Gb data and use calls and texts as you do in the UK
3 - Use as you do in the UK
0 Kudos