Menu
Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Scams

Is anybody else sick to death of the amount of scam texts you now get I’ve had at least 6 since Oct. is it really acceptable that mobile users have to sift through texts wondering if they are real with no 789 anymore. I just received a reply telling me virgin.ecareupdate.com is a scam- and do you know what the worrying thing is IT SHOWED UP IN THE LEGITIMATE VIRGIN MEDIA THREAD - so what chance do we have ! 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scams

They have got more sneaky in spoofing where they are from and more numerous in lockdown.

My Messages app flags some and I report the ones it misses. 

Not much else you can do  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Khew92
Just joined
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I’ve also had several most recent being the same as above. No way to contact VM by email or online, just as frustrating as the scam texts. 

Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response “They have just got more sneaky in spoofing” doesn’t really cut it. I have been a customer for 20 years the whole package, things have changed. Virgin media no longer looks after its customers, and never more than now do we need 789. VM just don’t care to listen. It’s not my job to do their job!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

what do you want them to do. They can't stop number spoofing. It was never though about 30 years ago when GSM was created. you can't just change it now

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. I’m really not happy with all the hassle- seems we are just left to look after ourselves with no help or support from VM so be careful. Regards. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

what help do you need. The calls are not from VM and its not possible to stop number spoofing. The whole phone system needs spoofing to work.
If we blocked spoofing half of the phone usage would get blocked

0 Kudos
Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Not helpful . Not helpful. What do I want them to do. I want them to be accountable for the data breech.  

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

what data breach. now you are just throwing unproven claims out there.

So you have any evidence? or are you just making **bleep** up?

Your posts are less helpful. you want them to be accountable for something that never happened

0 Kudos
Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have never sued any body for anything in my life and that is not my angle. There has been a data breech. And Virgin Media is failing. I myself will leave VM as soon as this contract is up after having been a customer for 20 years. There isn’t even an option 789 to see if we need to respond to what seem a credible requests. The only thing we can do is ignore and wait. IF YOUR SERVICE IS NOT INTERRUPTED IT WAS A SCAM - IF YOUR SERVICE IS CUT OFF IT WAS GENUINE. What kind of service is that ? Peace of mind NILL !

0 Kudos