Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam text ?

Had a text message saying my services will stop at midnight due to inactivity is this a scam? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Scam text ?

Are you PAYG? Have you made a chargeable call or sent a chargeable text in the last three months?

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I saw a few of these texts last night (different numbers used for each), and a subsequent web search revealed that even people that have never been Virgin Mobile customers got them.

So yes, a scam in my opinion. A phishing one to get you to click the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just received similar text from a number registered on Three with link to a non-existent web address

Deffo a scam

0 Kudos