Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam message or real?

Judging by all the other posts it would appear I might not be able to use the new SIM anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Can we please confirm as to why you think this may be? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Does the new SIM work on a different network to the old SIM? Many people are just getting message "SIM not found" when putting the new card in their phones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@GaryB5 wrote:

Does the new SIM work on a different network to the old SIM? Many people are just getting message "SIM not found" when putting the new card in their phones.

Yes and No. The old SIM cards were basically rebadged EE SIM cards. EE pretty much handled everything. The new cards still use EE signal but everything else now is Virgin which gives them better control and allows for the upcoming network switch. 

These cards are seen as a different network by the phone so they need network unlocking as all PAYG phones in the past were locked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 46
Flag for a moderator

While it was nice of Emily to actually follow up my SIM card request, while sending info back and forth she suddenly stopped replying and then nothing. STILL haven't got a SIM card ordered! Plus I still have no answers to the questions that I asked about not being able to access our account. 

Customer service not Virgins' strong point is it?  What was the point of ordering the card in response to the texts? 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this unlocking for the new Sim cards, is that the same unlocking that's achieved with a PUC code ?
I'm 67, shielding, and not about to go out to have this PAYG phone unlocked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 46
Flag for a moderator

You won't be able to go to a Virgin store as they're now shut permanently. Maybe one of the community will contact you in a personal message to sort your phone out, although I wouldn't bank on it. The only way of getting any help from Virgin is by this forum, by the look of it.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Yet another day wasted waiting for a reply to my questions. Plus I still don't know if a new SIM has been sent to me or not as I haven't yet received one.The team member that messaged me yesterday never got back to me today, despite me messaging them a reminder, yet found the time to deal with other queries all day! 

Absolutely disgusted with this customer service, and I use the term service loosely!

What kind of company rolls out a new connection network in the middle of a pandemic (when customers really need their phones) with no customer support? 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Today I get a reply from the team member who tells me they can't help me as I can't give them information I was never given in the first place!

I have a PAYG phone bought from an old Virgin Megastore with a top-up voucher. I was never given an account number or any paperwork. They insist I do have paperwork (so now they're calling me a liar!). Virgin want me to have a replacement SIM that is unlikely to work, but won't tell me if it has been sent (I haven't received one) because I can't answer security questions that were never set. Virgin CLEARLY has my details as THEY texted ME about this fiasco in the first place; I never asked for any of this crap. 

To summarise; no shops open, no customer support from Virgin, this community apparently can't/won't help me (it's the only reason I joined), and the replies I got from 789 were unhelpful and rude. 

I'm just glad I don't have an expensive contract with them, and I really sympathise with those that do, as they are by far the worst company I've ever dealt with, by a country mile.

I shall let my current credit expire and will then be an ex-customer, if they don't switch my phone off before then!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you feel this way, any SIM card using our services would be connected to an account. If the memorable word is not known the account holder on the account can go through alternative security questions with the team. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos