Samsung A40.

Keeps sending message no sim card inserted 

Cant make calls 

Moonface62
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung a40 keeps saying no sim card inserted

My phone constantly displays a message saying no SIM inserted unable to make calls ..wifi calls only ..or emergency calls only ..

There is a SIM in there and ut has only just started doing this ..can you tell me why ? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Can you please do the following.

1) Power off the phone.

2) Remove the SIM card and clean it with a soft cloth, then reinsert it.

3) Power on the phone.

Does that make any difference, if it doesnt do you have another SIM you can try to rule out the SIM or Phone ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Boggie1953
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

my mom has a samsung a40 since last august after renewing the contract the no simcard error came up 2 weeks later.I called virgin and had a new sim card sent to me but this didnt cure it.I asked for a replacement phone as she is 89 and cant be without a phone.Virgin said they couldnt help.I have gone through all your possible solutions tried all the fixes but nothing has worked this phone is useless and shes paying for it  please give comments    Paul

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that your mother is having @Boggie1953.

Have you been able to speak to the team about this?

Would you be able to try another sim card in the handset to see if the issue is with the phone or the sim cards that you have been sent out.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Boggie1953
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried everything possible nothing works I have another SIM card in it now it’s still the same I spoke to virgin months ago no one seemed interested one adviser cut me off she’s paying for a faulty phone I have had to upgrade mind and give her my old one which works fine but she’s still paying for a faulty phone please advise 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Be interested to see what happens to one of these phones on another network SIM.

I have some suspicions 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Boggie1953
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No difference I have this phone on another network sim still the same 

0 Kudos
Boggie1953
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The phone is the issue my moms had it since august this started a few weeks later I spoke to virgin they sent a new sim no different sim is fine in another phone 

0 Kudos
shinny777
Just joined
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem. A few months after I bought this faulty Samsung a40 rubbish phone, I had this constant no sim card inserted error pop up. I even got a new sim card and the issue was still there. I waited over 2 weeks for the phone to get checked and fixed or whatever. They didn't even have the courtesy to keep me updated on why my phone was being checked for nearly 2 weeks. And all they simply did, was basically restore it back to factory settings. Sure I could have done that. They didn't bother checking the actual hardware, cos it's a hardware problem not a software one. Then after all that, the issue STILL wasn't fixed. I called them again about it and they said to me that it was checked and there was no error with the phone on the report. Of course not, cos they didn't bother checking the actual hardware. I tried my sim card on my old phone, and there was no problem whatsoever. So the sim card is fine. Nothing wrong with it cos it worked perfectly on my old phone.

Then the no sim card error stopped for a few weeks, then came back, stopped for a few weeks, then came back etc.  Now for the last 3 days, I've had the no sim card error pop up throughout the day a lot.

I've contacted virgin media several times about this issue, and the customer care is absolutely apalling, especially the Whatsapp messaging service they have. They leave you waiting for about 2 hours in the middle of the conversation to them, before coming back to you. Some don't even come back to you. I can't believe this phone is nearly 400 euros and it's so faulty, but the customer care DON'T care and will not give a replacement. They understand that people have forked out nearly 400 euros for a faulty phone and they don't give one single care. Well I learned my lesson. I will never ever in my life buy a phone from them again. They completely ripped me off, treated me like dirt, when I'm constantly trying to get this no sim card inserted error sorted or a replacement phone. Spending nearly 400 euros for this faulty phone and I have to try put up with it, is basically what the customer dont care is saying to me.

I've been extremely patient, extremely nice to the staff on Whatsapp, even though they were much less than helpful, but now I feel disrespected, unacknowledged and like I have to just put with up this faulty phone. Well I'm not going to put up with it. Nearly 400 euros and I'll tell you, I will never buy another phone from them again, that's for sure. What an absolute waste of money.

0 Kudos