Menu
robyrf
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S21Not receiving 5G

I have had a replacement 5G SIM for a week now and I am still not receiving a 5G signal, 4G+ only. Contacted Virgin Mobile yesterday and was told after being sent several screenshots from the help pages that I am not in a 5G area !!!!

I am in a 5G area with very good coverage (maybe agent needs further training), has anyone else been experiencing these issues ?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung S21Not receiving 5G

Are you definitely on Vodafone and not still EE?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

robyrf
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have used nPerf and it states provider Virgin, network Vodaphone.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When you go into Connections/ Mobile Networks does it show 5G in network types.

What I can say as an actual Vodafone customer using an S20+ I find I still have to hunt 5G in areas where it is supposed to be, usually as I move to the centre of a mapped coverage area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
robyrf
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will try when I am out and about, I am 200 meters from mast and bright red area on the map so should have 5G, disappointed with help from Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

200mtrs is a bit near to be honest due to angle of propergation 

0 Kudos
robyrf
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Over the last couple of weeks I have been using nPerf to plot 5G in my area. Looks to me like the Vodaphone coverage maps should location in the fiction section with regards to 5G coverage.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi robyrf,

I am sorry to hear you haven't been getting 5G when the maps are showing it should be available in your area, although the map's may show this it can be generalised and may differ, you can check your area for 5G here https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/5g, if the 5G is available but for some reason it isn't working for you can have a look at our 5G Support, I will be more than happy to have a closer look for you and make sure you have the correct sim and that everything is as it should be, sop I can do this I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
robyrf
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thank you for your answer, the 5G maps show full coverage in the city I live in with my area  showing full 5G. I do get 5G now as I know where some of the small pockets of my area where it is available. When I say small pockets this can be half a street or a junction, not very good when the maps show full coverage.

This data is available from nPerf for viewing.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I appreciate that, the maps can show it but isn't exact, it can be a little hit and miss however this will improve as the mass's are updated.

I am more than happy to help if you do require further support?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos