cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 overheating

NanaDawn
Joining in

I go to a lot of live music shows, when using the camera on my Samsung S21 device it causes the device to overheat. It gets to the point that the device is too hot to handle, it then causes camera to freeze. I have to take it out of its cover and allow it to cool down. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello NanaDawn,

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your Samsung S21 and the overheating, we understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm if this is when using the camera for photo's at these shows or video's? Is there a prolonged usage of the device ie video? Do you notice this happening through 'normal' (I don't like using that term, what is normal usage? We're all different and use our phone's for different things) such as calls, texts, browsing the internet, using apps etc?

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for your reply.The overheating happens when I am in camera mode, I am constantly taking photos trying to get different poses and moments in the shows. I rarely use video so it is just camera. The weird thing is that during the first half of the show it doesn't over heat at all, during the interval the camera is resting, the camera is used off and on during the 2nd half of the show. A friend of mine goes to the same shows as me and is using the same version of Samsung but her device doesn't overheat. I don't tend to use the camera much in normal circumstances. I can use the device for prolonged times playing games and it doesn't overheat, it's only when using the camera.

Thank you

Dawn

Thanks for getting back to me Dawn and for all of the additional information regarding the phone and the usage. I've looked into this a little further and it does seem to be a known issue with Samsung handsets across multiple models.

There is some help here direct from Samsung if you could take a look and see if any of the advice or steps help alleviate the issue.

Rob

Thank you very much for that Rob, I've looked at the information and will do what it says, hopefully it will be the answer to my problem. Will find out when I go to my next show in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks again

Dawn

No problem at all @NanaDawn

We are happy to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs