Menu
Recklessrun2you
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256GB and Tab A7 package

I am a 1gb broadband customer and despite some issues with my service which I will write in a separate forum I am happy with Virgin Media. Following a direct sales promotion, email addressed to me, I reviewed the opportunity to become a Virgin Media mobile customer with a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256GB and Tab A7 package with unlimited data, calls, and texts for £56 per month on a 36-month contract. The deal that I ordered and agreed (Order ID: 100001287116366) and received a welcome email from Virgin Mobile. As a result of this, I excitedly told a number of my friends how brilliant the deal was and that they should also look at the deal for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256GB and Tab A7 package with unlimited data, calls, and texts for £56 per month on a 36-month contract. So I think you would agree that your email promotion worked, to the point that I also promoted Virgin Media on your behalf. To encourage people to become customers. 

I followed up on the day via phone to ensure everything was in place. I was assured that I would receive my credit agreement in 24-48 hours. As this was not forthcoming, I followed up today via phone. After queuing what seemed like an eternity, I spoke to an operator who then transferred me again. She rudely told me I should have made a phone order instead so it would be easier to find on the system. I asked her why that made a difference and she gave no answer. She then went on to tell me that the original order I had was out of stock, so she had an alternative phone to give me. I told her that was not what I wanted and she kept on telling me that they were out of stock and therefore she had to offer me an alternative. I told her that the deal was still being advertised as of 14:30 pm today on 16 Feb 2021. I have since rechecked now at 16:15 and the deal is still being advertised. Then I ended the call and said I would followup on the date of delivery I was given by Virgin Mobile which is 8 March and I expected delivery on this date even though they had failed to issue the credit agreement in the 24-48 hour timeline discussed on the day. In less than ten minutes, I received a call directly from the same agent, Rachel, announcing she had good news and that a phone and tablet was available and ready to be shipped. I said that was wonderful news. She then kept reiterating that the call was being recorded.  I said I did not mind the colour (I want the phone ASAP for the headphones promotion) and she said I could have any colour but that it would be 128GB. I told her that was unacceptable and that over 50% less internal storage (which is non-upgradeable) was not the deal. I then said if I was going to take this would there be a substantial discount on the monthly charge and she replied yes, and then said it would be £1 cheaper. She then said I could have the benefits of a £200 trade-in and a set of headphones in addition----implying it was a deal. This is already advertised and the headphones are provided directly from Samsung through their app verification and have nothing to do with Virgin Media. She then backtracked and said that I could not have £200 as I was not an existing customer. I then told her the deal was still advertised and that Virgin Media were failing to comply under trading standards and that I that was the case I would be talking to UK trading standards about their failure to supply the package and I would also write directly to Samsung explaining the problems that I had with Virgin Mobile and their failure to comply with a completed order. At this point, I the operator hung the phone up on me. For the last month, I have seen nothing but advertisements for the Samsung Ultra 256GB and fail to understand how Virgin Media fail to supply on a promotional deal and expect customers to take lesser quality products with less functionality and still remain loyal to Virgin Media. You will clearly have stocks of phones and also the A7 tablet that is included as I have checked your website and this is also available separately. Once this is all resolved, I expect the trading price of a Galaxy Note 8 to be backdated to the 13th of Feb when I checked several trading websites and was told £120. I also expect to receive the details (IMEI and other if needed) to be able to claim the free galaxy earbuds as the promotion from Samsung is time-limited and hold Virgin Media totally responsible as this is part of the promotion I received that that is clearly listed on their website in multiple places. I sincerely hope this can be resolved amicably preventing me from having to go to trading standards, the ombudsman, and also contacting Samsung directly via registered letter for each which I will not hesitate doing as of the 8th of March (as per the contract) if this is not resolved.

Regards

Cheryl

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256GB and Tab A7 package

Hi Recklessrun2you

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am vey sorry to hear of your experience when attempting to take up an offer with our Mobile team. 

To investigate this matter further, I am going to need to take a closer look at the account and order. To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message will be become available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos