Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samsung A71 Poor signal

Hi

I have just switched to virgin and got a new A71. The mobile signal is very poor at home. I've tried resets etc but no joy. the other phones in the family are with BT and have a decent signal, so i know it's not the masts. Any help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung A71 Poor signal

The difference between BT and Virgin is that BT have access to 4G on 800Mhz, Virgin don't. 

That is one possible explanation. 800Mhz 4G gives better indoor coverage in some situations.

So you are not comparing like for like.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Useful info but doesn't help solve it! Maybe I made a mistake moving to virgin. If it was possible to speak to a human I would see what could be done!

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you can, swap your SIM with one of the BT ones. If the phone is OK it will rule it out. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. the number ported this morning and once i took out the VF sim and moved the VM sim to slot 1 it seems much better. Fingers crossed! 

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are ways of checking if 800Mhz is in your area as per the previous post. I don't mind checking if you PM me a nearby postcode - don't make it yours please, or drop the final 2 letters.

It's certainly worth bearing in mind if you have coverage issues indoors or in rural areas, and EE/BT phones have better signal 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I've given up with Virgin. Signal is **bleep**e and the customer service is even worse. I've cancelled under the cooling off period and gone to BT. 

Thanks for your help everone and if my advice as a newbe is worth anything, AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE PLAGUE!

0 Kudos