cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52s 5G Wifi Calling Disappearing

englebert
Tuning in

So thanks to the assistance here we have got Wifi Calling working on our Samsung A52s 5Gs. We are currently in an area where there is not much in the way of mobile signal, unless climbing a wall at the top of the garden. When the wifi calling is working, it is brilliant,  however we are finding that when we leave the house and then return, there is a message that the sim is updating settings and wifi calling disappears.

A couple of questions.

- I seem to have a few APNs coming and going as below. The top one is permanent, the other 2 appear and disappear. Having said that wifi calling is working with web selected.

- My network operators is set at automatic, at the moment I have no reception but I was wondering, does this need to be set to virgin only. I assume the automatic is to enable emergency calls?

tempFileForShare_20220414-112417.jpgtempFileForShare_20220414-112459.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @englebert,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your Wi-Fi Calling. Is this SIM updating message that you're referring to happening on both handsets, or just the one? Would you also mind providing a screenshot of the message as you've done above?

As for the automatic selection, it should only ever connect to our network and those that we piggy back off of anyway, but you're welcome to turn it off and manually select to see if it helps at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The top 2 settings are different names but the same APN address. As shown seems right to me.

Personally I would keep things on Automatic.

With regards to emergency calls out of Virgin coverage the phone will display "Emergency Calls Only" You can use 999 or 112 and the phone will automatically route the call via the next strongest network without you having to do anything your end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220415-185934_Call settings.jpg

Above is the message I get, it is weird, I now cannot get wifi calling, my wife does. I get a 4G connection with voi/lte at the top of the hill, by the time I come down the hill I get a H+ (which was not happening previously and in doing so seem to loose my wifi calling button. it is as if it is connecting elsewhere. At the property, I then loose all signal but no wifi calling.

Thank you @englebert

Can I just check, does your wife get better signal than your phone overall? 

Thank you. 

Ash,

I would say that the signal reception is generally better on mine, it is certainly quicker to acquire than my wifes. My wife did have a similar problem but hers seemed to stabilised.

While bought at the same time they will be from different batches as mine is black hers is coloured.

Whether it makes a difference, mine was migrated from a samsung s8, my wifes from a motorola.

Thank you @englebert

Can I also ask if you are experiencing issues when you are out and about or it only when you are at home? 

It looks to be only when I was staying in a poor reception area, it was like the signal being picked up did not recognise voi/Lte and so when I went inside, the wifi calling was not visible. I am in a strong signal area and I have both voi/lte and wifi calling working.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@englebert wrote:

It looks to be only when I was staying in a poor reception area, it was like the signal being picked up did not recognise voi/Lte and so when I went inside, the wifi calling was not visible. I am in a strong signal area and I have both voi/lte and wifi calling working.

Here is a way to see if WiFi Calling is working correctly on your phone.

1. Put the phone into Aeroplane Mode so everything is off.

2. Turn WiFi back on, but nothing else

3. If all is OK WiFi Calling should appear after a short delay.

4. Turn Aeroplane mode off after checking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks