cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of Goods Act

Redblu
Joining in

I've recently signed up to three new contracts with new handsets. One of the handsets is faulty, I reported it to Virgin 24 days after receiving it and requested a replacement. Virgin are insisting I'm only entitled to as repair because I'm outside the 14 day cooling off period. The sale of goods act states the consumer has a short term right to reject of thirty days for faulty goods. Virgin have a total disregard for their customers and consumer law. How do I get this resolved properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your rights are now under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Explained here, but in this case you still have a right to replacement within 30 days.  Raise a formal demanding replacement of the faulty device and an ex-gratia payment (say fifty quid) for the inconvenience, and state that if they won't resolve to your satisfaction, you want a "deadlock letter" in ortder to immediately escalate to the industry complaints scheme CISAS.  If VM have any sense they'll immediately cave in.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your rights are now under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Explained here, but in this case you still have a right to replacement within 30 days.  Raise a formal demanding replacement of the faulty device and an ex-gratia payment (say fifty quid) for the inconvenience, and state that if they won't resolve to your satisfaction, you want a "deadlock letter" in ortder to immediately escalate to the industry complaints scheme CISAS.  If VM have any sense they'll immediately cave in.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Redblu,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you have had trouble with your new contracts.

I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Redblu
Joining in

So it's been over 5 weeks since Hayley (a moderator on the Virgin media Community) kindly offered to raise a complaint for me. Over 5 weeks and still my issue is not resolved.

I have asked for a deadlock letter, but it seems even this is too much to ask for Virgin. 

I cannot put into words words how bitterly disappointed, frustrated and angry I am with Virgin. I have informed virgin that I have elderly parents who need to be able to contact me in the event of an emergency, but it is clear they couldn't care less. I am still paying for as monthly contract and handset both of which I am unable to use.

I wish I could cancel all my Virgin contracts and never have to deal with them again.

Hi Redblu, thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that there is another thread and you do appear to be in liaison with Hayley.  Therefore I am going to leave you in her capable hands, so to avoid confusion.

Regards

Lee_R