cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Error using phone data

funkyman1986
Joining in

Hi,

I have a problem when using the 4g Data in my virgin phone. I cannot access some websites due to an SSL error. The sites are generally related with alcohol (laithwaites, cellartracker...).

My phone is an Android and the time zone is correct and I have reset the network settings.

It is a dual phone so I have tried with my other sim (Spanish one) and I can go without any problem. So it seems something is blocking it.

I don't have (or shouldn't have) any parental control. In any case, Can you please let me know how to proceed?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue when trying to browse wine related websites. Either a ssl connection error or server not secure message comes up. 

Does anyone have a solution?

many thanks 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Alokrafosmart, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues visiting a particular 18+ website/service.

Can you please confirm if you generate the same message over multiple 18+ services?

If this is the case, we may be need to ensure that no parental controls are active on the account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The sites I’m not getting access to are alcohol related. Cellartracker and Wine-searcher are the two that I’m unable to get connections to, along with a wine merchant’s email link to their website. 

Thanks for coming back to me, do you have any issues with these website/services when connected to Wi-Fi or on any other devices? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No

Thanks for coming back to me @Alokrafosmart.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll look into having this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello, I have the same issue. I have checked the device time and date, and reset network settings, and basically gone round in circles for weeks.  The same thing happens on other devices when connecting vvia mobilea ihotspot.. It is happening to many, many websites including some shopping and health websites. I see that this solution has had some success with a number of users. Please can you help me? 🙏

Hello VanDamme.

Thanks for your first post on our community.

Apologies it isn't on better terms.

This might sound a bit strange, but can you check the time and date are correct on your handset.

This is the most common reason behind SSL certificate errors. If there's a mismatch between the clock on your device and the clock of web server that you're trying to access then SSL certificate of website won't be verified. As a result, you'll get an SSL error.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue.

Gareth_L