Menu
alpcon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SMS not working

Hi. Got new contract with a galaxy S21 plus 5g.  Since set up I have been getting NO text messages at all. Contacted virgin staff and totally useless, they get me to do the same thing every time until I spoke to guy in Manchester. He got me to alter various settings and this seemed to work for a few hours.  Now back to normal getting no texts or waiting days to get anything at all. Totally sick to death of this as I am now denied access to my own money in my own account on occasions as the bank asks for a code by guess what ? yes a SMS text which I do not get.  If I get no help here then this phone goes back and the contract will be cancelled.

Thanks for any help in advance

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS not working

There is a 9 month old thread on this. Virgin are supposed to be investigating, but I'm becoming to think it is a sop.

You might find you get your SMS if you turn WiFi Calling off. And with the newer phone VoLTE as well. I'm other words disable all those nice new features.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alpcon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.

Have done all that after chatting with this guy from VM out of Manchester and I have just read that thread you mention.  Its totally out of order the way these companies treat their customers.

I guess I will just have to inform them that I no longer wish to pay for SMS texts as their service for this dosnt work.  In other words legally they are in breach of contract.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Going on experience, good luck with that!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos