Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

SMS not sending

Just lately I'm not able to send SMS, especially if I've added an emoji. But, not always. 

Also, the text body doesn't have to be overly long. For example, just tried sending a message that was just a 110 words + emoji. No go! 

Any ideas why this had started happening? Up until recently I could text a message that was 300-400 words with a plethora of emoji in it and it would send no problem. 

Had something been reset in my settings? Just a thought. 

Regards, 

Andy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS not sending

Good Afternoon Andy,

Sorry to see that you've been struggling to send text messages recently.

Have you managed to resolve this issue since your post on Monday?

I'd be eager to know what kind of phone your working with? Can you also tell me when this issue started?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi, David. 

Yes. Still have the problem. I have a:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 8.1 Oreo using the Resurrection Remix platform.

It was working brilliantly (better than ever before, tbh, than when I upgraded from a Note 2 using the standard Android system plus Samsung bloatware) up until a couple of weeks ago. So, in real terms it was working fine for about 8 months. 

Then, for no reason, it started "not sending". Would send a short SMS always. But, if longer and /or had emoji, then it would not send. I would then, frustratingly, be to copy, paste and shorten into sections that would send. 

FYI, there has been no changes made in my settings which would have altered things: Once I'd set up the RR configuration to my liking I've had no reason to play around with it. 

So, any ideas? Things I can try? 

Regards, 

Andy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Andy,

That is a strange one isn't it!?

Can you still received SMS messages from other users?

Could you please tell me if this an EE hosted SIM card or a VM Controlled card? if this is VM Controlled, this would have been issued to you within the last 18 months

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I still receive sms with no problem.

It is VM. Received the new SIM last Saturday. But, can't be anything to do with the SIM as the problem occurred prior to this anyway. 

🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Could it be down to the messaging app updating and now trying to send longer SMS's as a MMS?. If your spending cap is set as use allowances only, this would prevent a MMS charge (50p) and block it from sending.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks teabag,

Do you have a spending cap on the account Andy?

Can you also try updating the 'Short Message service centre number' (SMSC) to +447458399008?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I use the inbuilt messaging service provided by Android/Samsung. Haven't tried any other app. 

The messaging app itself is set to automatically update. This is the latest version. 

I do have my 'spending cap' set as "use allowances only". But, tbh, this is where it is always set. I hardly use the phone : I have a 1Gb plan and rarely use 200Mb a month. Hence, I've never bothered to change the plan upwards.

Should I change this? Have things changed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

How do i change the SMSC? 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Open messages app, press 3 vertical dots middle right, settings, more settings, text messages, message centre

That's android 9 (pie), might be different on other versions. 

0 Kudos