Menu
Dominicford
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SMS Verification Issue

Just ported phone # from bell to virgin. Using new Samsung A52. I cannot receive any SMS verification codes. Hours with support at virgin mobile & no solution. At the point of having to cancel virgin & get new carrier I can't access apps, bank etc.

Tried clearing cache & data uninstalling aps. No luck. Virgin said support will call within 7 days. I  just can't wait that long. Please any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS Verification Issue

If you're looking for really a quick response, I would suggest having a look at the threads covering this problem and be prepared to jump ship.

I'm assuming "bell" is a typo. 

0 Kudos
Dominicford
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was with Bell Mobility, I ported number to Virgin Mobile. I wish I had done my research prior. It looks like I will not every receive SMS Verification codes from Virgin. I was actually really surprised by the poor support offered from Virgin Mobile, I was a customer a few years ago & used to be impressed with there level of service. Any suggestions of a reliable Canadian Mobile service company? Thanks Dominic  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

These forums are based in the UK for UK Virgin customers.

The Bell network isn't available in the UK.

I believe you'll find the support links you need here >>>

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/support/contact-us.html 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks