Menu
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SIMM swap

The new SIMM [sent July/20] creates error message 'SIM card not valid' and your simhelp website described the IMEI number as 'device isn't supported'. I am very happy with the service I have at the moment & want nothing else from Virgin. However, this is a situation you created and if the current service stops & I have no help from yourselves, you'll not see me return as a customer & I shall deem it a breach of contract on your part.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIMM swap

Hi exmiffy

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos
pwb10
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey C, would you be able to help me with my issue? i've been without a phone for close to 2 weeks now because it's parked and i cannot get in contact with anyone who can help or tell me why

my post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Order-Parked-desperately-need-phone/m-p/4371350
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi pwb10

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that your SIM order has been parked. Parked orders can occur if the details on the order do not match the details that already exists in the system. This can occur if the order was meant to be a gift or delivered to an alternative address, for example. These may require additional checks and could add extra days to processing your order.

If this is not the case for yourself, there are a few things I can do from within the community forums, I can confirm why it's parked or cancel the parked order. If you'd like me to check why it's parked or cancel the order I'll send you a PM, however we are unable to complete sales transactions (credit checks, take payments etc). This would still require going through the correct channels by phone.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@exmiffy wrote:

The new SIMM [sent July/20] creates error message 'SIM card not valid' and your simhelp website described the IMEI number as 'device isn't supported'. I am very happy with the service I have at the moment & want nothing else from Virgin. However, this is a situation you created and if the current service stops & I have no help from yourselves, you'll not see me return as a customer & I shall deem it a breach of contract on your part.

It's not breach of contract. Virgin have only agreed to supply a SIM. It is for you to use it in a suitable phone. If it was a contract phone with SIM it would be a different matter 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pwb10
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi corey,

Yes can you please message me to figure out why it is parked. I've tried to call the phone number but it redirects me to the website, can't get through to a human
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi pwb10,

I will pop you a PM now so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My current contract with Virgin provides a SIM that works fine. The new uninvited SIM does not. I have not been asked to change my contract which is therefore breached.

0 Kudos